Thursday, April 16, 2009

Righteous anger? Who me?

Anger is such a difficult thing to come to grips with isn't it? I knew a pastor who flew into a rage when someone disagreed with him. And it certainy isn't listed as one of the fruits of the Spirit is it? Still anger prevails at times around us.

We can show anger, or even harbour anger without verbalising it, but my wife reckons sometimes even when we only harbour anger it's reflected in our expression! So what do we do with it? You might read Rob's short summary on it for a positive way of looking at it.

I am reminded of two things about anger. God's anger is a righteous anger, so I too may be angry at injustice and sin and tragedies. And I also need to heed the warning scripture gives when we are angry for no good reason. Do not let the sun go down on your anger - deal with it, ask forgiveness and seek restored relationships.

In Christ,
Gary

No comments: